Wigs have advanced significantly in recent years for those looking to embrace a new fashion accessory. They are no longer regarded as just a solution for those suffering from hair loss! Now, styling wigs with bangs has become a creative and often enjoyable process to embrace a new look; that being said, it is no doubt daunting, especially if you're a beginner.
Table of Contents
Therefore, to help ensure all wig wearers have the opportunity to look their best, we have compiled the ultimate guide on styling wigs with bangs akin to that of a professional! From creating glamorous curls to creating volumes of crooked bangs, this comprehensive guide comes with all the tips and tricks you'll need for your desired look. Ok, let's get started!
Why Choose a Wig with Bangs?
Before we dive into styling techniques, let's explore why wigs with bangs are a popular choice and why you deserve to try:
#1: Versatility: Wigs with bangs offer a versatile look that can be dressed up or down, making them suitable for various occasions.
#2: Face Framing: Bangs can help frame your face and accentuate your features, giving you a youthful and fresh appearance.
#3: Camouflage: If you're self-conscious about your forehead or hairline, bangs can provide a stylish way to conceal them.
#4: Fashion Forward: Many celebrities and fashion icons have embraced wigs with bangs as a trendy hairstyle choice.
#5: Variety: Wigs with bangs come in various styles and colors, allowing you to find the perfect look for your unique face shape.
Now that we've highlighted the benefits of wigs with bangs let's get into the nitty-gritty of styling them effectively.
The Basics of Wig Care Before Styling with Bangs
Before you dive into the details about how to style a wig with bangs, there's something important you need to do - Knowing how to properly care for your bang wig.
Doing so will help prolong the life expectancy of your wig and maintain its natural texture and lustrous appearance. Here are a few helpful hints for taking proper care of your wig, keep readding!
Step #1: Washing Your Bang Wig
- Use a wig-specific shampoo and conditioner.
- Gently detangle the wig with a wide-tooth comb before washing.
- Submerge the wig in a basin of lukewarm water and swish it around.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water, ensuring no residue remains.
- Pat dry with a towel, avoiding wringing or twisting.
- Allow the wig to air dry on a wig stand or a clean towel.
Step #2: Brushing
- Always use a wig brush or a wide-tooth comb to prevent damage.
- Start brushing from the ends and gradually work your way up.
- Be gentle, especially around the bangs, to avoid tangling.
Step #3: Heat Protection
- Check if your wig is heat-resistant. Not all wigs can withstand high temperatures.
- Use a low-heat setting on styling tools to avoid damaging the hair strands.
- Apply heat protectant spray before styling.
Now that your wig is clean and ready let's move on to styling those fabulous bangs.
How to Style A Wig with Bangs?
Alright, now that you have learnt everything before styling your bangs wig, here we come to the most important part - stylig your wig with bang.
Are you looking for a modern touch on your wig styling? Whether you're aiming for sleek, sophisticated, or something bigger and bolder, there are many ways to style your wig with bangs. Here are a few trending ways to get you started:
#1: Straight Bangs
Styling straight bangs sounds simple, yet a lot of finesse is necessary for supreme results.
- Start out using a good wig comb or wig brush and run them through the bangs from side to side while sectioning and aiming a hair dryer with a diffuser at them set to the "cool" setting.
- Afterward, lightly comb the bangs downwards and apply a few wigs or styling spray spritzes to fixate your created shape.
This look looks classic and timeless, ideal for any bang wig you might don. With the right care, your straight bangs will look perfect for weeks.
#2: Side-Swept Bangs
Side-swept bangs are timeless, from decade to decade, they remain ever-present on the heads of trendsetters. Giving your locks an air of effortless glamour, side-swept bangs are easy to recreate.
All you need is a good styling cream or wax and some strategic brushing of your bangs at your preferred angle. The opportunity to weave a style into your hair produces subtle drama yet holds shape without hassle.
Finishing with a light mist of hairspray, this effortless look is easily attainable whether for a casual day out or a special occasion. For those looking to stand out amongst the crowd, side-swept bangs provide a timeless look sure to turn heads.
#3: Scattered Bangs
Wig users never have to worry about committing to a single look. You can switch up your style for any occasion, anytime! If you're feeling adventurous and experimental, why not try the trendy scattered bangs look? This style requires effort, so steer clear if you're in a rush.
- Start by sectioning off parts of the bangs using your fingers.
- Then, use a small curling wand or iron to curl each strand away from your face and twirl it several times before releasing it.
- Spray the bangs with a heat-protectant mist to preserve and prevent heat damage.
- Finally, comb through your bangs and finish it off with a light-hold hairspray. Take care of your scattered bangs, and your look can stay neat all day long!
#4: Tousled Bangs
Tousled bangs are often the go-to when fashionistas want to show off a free-spirited and effortless look. Not only do they suit longer wigs, but they can also be used on shorter lengths.
- To nail the look, you'll need to reach for a styling cream or wax and then use your fingers to craft your chosen style.
- For more volume, why not try using a curling wand or flat iron and then tousle with your fingers once cooled down?
- When you're satisfied with your look, reach for a medium-hold hairspray to secure the style, then bring it to life throughout the day.
This versatile style easily transitions into formal settings, where you can rock it paired with dazzling evening looks and gaping gowns.
#5: Wavy Bangs
Wigs are a popular hair accessory, and wavy bangs are a classic go-to for any occasion, regardless of whether you have human hair or a synthetic hair wig.
- To properly care for your bangs, you should begin with a thermal protectant to ensure no damage is done with styling.
- Then, use a curling wand or a flat iron to press each section, creating an 'S' shape that will make them puff up. Ensure that the bangs frame your face and rest just above your eyebrows for a better fit. This style draws attention to the eyes as well as the cheeks and will give you an elegant, sophisticated vibe.
- Finally, comb through your bangs and spray with a light-hold hairspray to give hold without weighing them down for a look that is oozing with chic glamour and sophistication.
#6: Curly Bangs
Yara Shahidi and everyone else can add a modern, fashionable twist to their look by styling their curly bangs. With human hair wigs, you only need a couple of finger strokes to position them just above your brows. Use a medium-hold hairspray if you want your vogue look to last. And don't forget to reshape your wig so that it frames your face perfectly.
Try afro and achieve a very on-trend look that will be sure to get you noticed! To be safe, use lockable products with a gentler hold – your bangs don't want to become victim to gravity during the day after all. You'll be giving yourself a refreshed, flattering style that you can take nearly anywhere!
#7: Curtain Bangs
It's no surprise that curtain bangs are having a moment in today's fashion industry. This classic hairstyle adds a girly and mysterious touch to any ensemble.
You'll need a human hair wig and a flat iron to create your own curtain bang hairstyle. The bangs should be heavy and lengthy for a natural look.
- Start by brushing the back of your wig to make it look neat.
- Then, use the heat from the flat iron to wave the bangs and press them away from your face.
- Degree cautiously so its ends don't ripple upward, and finish fittingly with a thin mist of hairspray.
- Give it an elegant finish by having two perfectly symmetrical parts on both areas of your face. Indulge in this elegant and classic style for special events or casual outings ahead!
#8: Updo Style Bang
Everyone wants to look pulled together and classy. The updo-style bang look is perfect for doing just that. What's more, those with relatively straight hair wig can easily achieve this look!
- Start by brushing all your 360 wig to the back and separating the upper portion from the bottom.
- Twist this towards the desired updo style and finish it with some hairspray. A half-up/half-down style is also very trendy.
- Secure half of the hair with a ponytail holder (or clip) and leave the other half to hang loose. Make a beautiful side braid and end it at the nape of the neck in a low ponytail or chignon.
- Accessorize with a few shiny accessories, and you're ready to turn heads in compliments wherever you go! The updo-style bang look is perfect for any occasion.
Now you have got 8 hairstyles with bang wig, but some girls may ask, what if I don't have a bang wig? How can I get a bang style with a closure wig or lace front wig? Should I ask my hairstylist for help?
The answer is yes. But you can also cut bangs on your wig at home, it is easy to get the same result and save your money to go to the salon. Here is a detailed video about how to cut bangs on a wig, check it out!
How To Cut Bangs On A Wig?
In A Nutshell
We hope this ultimate guide to styling wigs with bangs has empowered you to wear your wig confidently and stylishly. Bangs can bring a unique and dynamic style to any wig, adding texture and volume depending on the look you have in mind.
However, keep in mind that while proper styling practices are beneficial when working with a wig full of bangs, so too is proper care. Be sure to always have the right tools and products on hand to protect your wig and keep it looking fresh for maximum longevity.
Overall, we are confident that if you follow this guide closely, you will be able to achieve beautiful looks that accentuate your features and enhance your overall style. Now that you know the basics of styling wigs with bangs, why not give it a try? The possibilities are endless!