The lace front wig is becoming more and more popular among women for its practical functionality and natural appearance. Wearing a wig in a basic style is just the tip of the iceberg. Wigs can be styled in different ways. There are still endless possibilities when it comes to styling wigs and expressing yourself. This blog will show you how easy it is to create amazing hairstyles with the lace front wig!
Preparation for styling the lace front wig
Before you start styling a lace front wig, it is important to be well-prepared. Please keep the following points in mind.
1. Prepare a wide-tooth comb
Before styling the lace front wig, you need to use a wide-tooth comb to comb through your wig. It has the advantage of helping you avoid tangling and not pulling or damaging your wig fibers, which can extend the life of your wig.
2. Clean the wig well
Clean your lace front wig before styling your wig. This will provide you with a clean design space that can make your wig more natural. Another thing to note is that wigs are not like our hair and require the use of a special shampoo. It is best to use a sulfate-free shampoo. This shampoo will protect your human hair wig and prolong the life of wigs.
3. Allow the wig to dry completely
After washing your wig, you need to make sure it is completely dry before styling. Wet hair is more prone to damage and will not hold the style as firmly as dry hair. Allowing the wig to dry naturally is ideal. However, you can use a hair dryer if you are pressed for time. Just make sure the heat of the hair dryer is not set too high. This is because exposing the wig to too much heat may damage the hair fibers.
Different ways to style a lace front wig
Lace front wigs can be designed to look different. The following eight hairstyles are one of the more popular ones, there will be something for you!
1. High ponytail
This is a simple style that can be worn dressy or casually, perfect for women who like to look neat! You can use this hairstyle for sports or formal occasions. This is a hairstyle that never goes out of style at any time. To achieve this look on a lace front wig, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Wear the wig cap over your natural hair and attach the wig to your scalp. Leave a few strands of natural hair from the back and sides of the wig.
- Step 2: Use a heating tool to design the leftover hair to match the texture of the wig you will be wearing.
- Step 3: Install the wig using hairspray.
- Step 4: Tie hair into a high ponytail with a comb. Secure with a hairband.
- Step 5: Bring your natural hair up and over the back hairline of the wig and secure it in place with hair clips. If you want to hide the hair tie in the ponytail, separate a small section of hair and wrap it around the ponytail. Finish by securing with bobby pins. Add a little hairspray while combing through your hair to make your hair look smoother.
- Step 6: (Optional) If you want to leave a little volume at the roots, you can use a combing brush to brush your hair back before pulling it into the ponytail. You can also add a cute scarf or ribbon for a special touch.
2. Low ponytail
A low ponytail is a classic, sophisticated hairstyle. It is simpler than a high ponytail. Perfect for wearing in the office, at events, or out with friends. It is a great choice for a competent woman in the workplace. Creating this hairstyle with a lace front wig takes just minutes! Following these steps can help you have it.
- Step 1: Brush your hair back into a ponytail and place it at the back of your neck, taking care to completely cover the hairline at the back.
- Step 2: Add a little hairspray while combing through your hair to make your hair look smoother. For those who like voluminous hair, pull it loose.
- Step 3: Part a small section of hair and wrap it around the bottom of the ponytail to hide the hair tie.
3. Messy bun
This lace front wig hairstyle is perfect for women who like a laid-back look. It is one of the easiest buns for women. It is simple yet beautiful. Here's how to properly wear a messy bun.
- Step 1: Install the wig using hairspray, leaving the back of your natural hair. Tie the worn wig into a ponytail of the height you want. (How to tie a ponytail is described above).
- Step 2: Wrap your natural hair around the ponytail to form a bun and secure it with another hair tie or bobby pin.
- Step 3: Bring your natural hair up and over the back hairline of the wig and secure it in place with bobby pins. You can also use hairspray to hold the bun in place!
- Step 4: You can also loosen the hair at the back of the wig slightly to help maintain a more natural look.
- Step 5: Pull out a few pieces to touch up the face and create a messy bun look. A medium-density hair system is perfect for this hairstyle.
4. French braid
French braids are so simple and chic that they are popular with young women. This hairstyle is a great choice if you have medium-length hair with a lace front wig. Braiding French braids may seem difficult at first glance, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple. Follow the steps below to create the perfect French braid for your wig.
- Step 1: Divide your lace front wig into two parts
- Step 2: Divide the top half of your wig into 3 equal-sized strands Place the right side of the hair on your right hand and the left side of the hair on your left hand. Also, hold the middle strand with your thumb to hold it in place.
- Step 3: Pass the left strand of your lace front wig between the right strand and the middle strand.
- Step 4: Repeat step 3, adding smaller strands of the same size to both left and right strands until the end.
- Step 5: Leave about two inches of unbraided hair and secure it with a hair tie.
5. Half-up braided
Add a half-up braided look to your wig. This style brings out the best of the lace front wig. The lace creates a realistic hairline giving you a more natural look. This style will look flawless every time. You need to follow these steps.
- Step 1: Use a rat tail comb to comb two small sections about half an inch apart on the top of the wig. This will form the first section you will weave.
- Step 2: Dutch weave the section until it reaches about halfway up the head, or until it reaches the end of the wig's parting line. Secure with a small rubber band.
- Step 3: Continue braiding in the hair next to it, securing these braids with a small rubber band.
- Step 4: Continue adding more braids until you achieve the look you want.
- Step 5: Gather the ends of all the braids into a ponytail at the top of your head. You can also wrap the braided hair around the ponytail.
- Step 6: (Optional) If you need to use a ponytail holder, you can wrap a small section of hair around the ponytail to hide your ponytail holder. Then secure it with bobby pins.
6. Scarf braid
A braid is a timeless hairstyle that looks cool and won't damage your wig. Here is the right way to get this hairstyle.
- Step 1: You need to add a colored scarf and tie it around your hair like a hair tie. Blend the scarf with your wig.
- Step 2: Pull the wig to the side along with the scarf.
- Step 3: Then start weaving with the middle scarf.
7. Long-layered cut
Above we have introduced several hairstyles that can be done without picking up any scissors. Now, we're going to share a hairstyle that needs a little trimming. For this popular hairstyle, the hair should be cut in layers to add volume and make the face look slimmer. Perfecting this hairstyle requires a lot of patience and focus because you have to cut the hair of the lace front wig in layers. Here are the steps on how to get this lace front wig hairstyle.
- Step 1: After you have worn the wig, use clips to hold all the wigs in place.
- Step 2: Release one inch of wig hair from the bottom layer and cut it off with a pair of scissors
- Step 3: Release one inch of hair from the top layer and cut it off slightly above the bottom layer. Repeat this step for all layers. Cutting in this manner will give the hair a more layered look.
- Step 4: Loosen the hair on the top of the head and separate it from the middle. Take half of the hair and cut it straight so that it looks even. Similarly, take the other half of your lace front wig and cut it to the same length as the first half.
- Step 5: Comb your wig and press it straight, trimming the discordant areas to make it look perfect.
8. Headband look
Headbands are a stylish way to create a hairstyle! Wearing a headband will give your wig a more natural look. Here are the specific steps.
- Step 1: After putting on the wig, first separate the hair, just as you normally do when combing hair.
- Step 2: Use a fine-tooth comb to smooth out all baby hair and flyaway hairs before putting on the headband.
- Step 3: Place the end of the hairband in front of the ear where the hairline stops. Gently push the headband back until the end is behind the ear, then lower the top of the headband into place.
- Step 4: Apply a smoothing cream or serum to the ends of the hair to smooth out frizzy hair.
The natural look and comfort, as well as the malleability of your wig, depends largely on the quality of your lace front wig. Therefore, we highly recommend purchasing a real hair wig with a beautiful lace base, Cynosure Hair has the best quality wigs and a wide range of human hair wigs. Click here to learn more!