If you want to give your natural hair a break but don't want to give up your style, try a frontal ponytail! This hairdo is a great protective style that negates the impact of daily styling, heat, and environmental factors. Whether your hair is thin, thick, curly, or straight – the frontal ponytail can give it a rest while still looking fabulous.
Table of Contents
Gone are the days of frustration and failed attempts; with a few helpful tricks, you can confidently sport this fashionable hairstyle in no time. So go ahead and give it a try. Here's all the essential information you need to make the most of your transitional style.
What Exactly is A Frontal Ponytail?
The frontal ponytail is a classic hairstyle that gives you a vibrant boost in terms of appeal and elegance. With the help of lace frontal and hair bundles, creates a 'pony' effect that elevates the hair from its usual position. This hairstyle embraces a smooth and polished finish that also elegantly frames your face, regardless of the chosen parting.
The frontal ponytail is a versatile style that can be adapted to suit many different occasions, from as casual as running errands and breakfast with friends to more formal events such as weddings and so on. This timeless beauty of a hairstyle has clinched its mark as a popular choice amongst women looking for a clean and chic hairdo that brings simplicity and ease of care.
Things You'll Need to Prepare in Advance
Before delving into the world of frontal ponytails, you'll need to ensure that you have the right tools and supplies. Here is a list of items you must prepare in advance:
Shampoo and conditioner: You'll need this to wash your natural hair.
Dryer: This is essential for drying the hair and making sure it stays tangle-free.
Flat iron: You'll need this to style your frontal ponytail once you have it installed.
Comb: A wide-toothed comb will help make sure that your hair is well-groomed.
Hair tie: A flexible and adjustable hair tie can help hold the ponytail in place.
Some baby pins: These are essential for keeping the frontal ponytail in place.
Lace closure/frontal and two hair bundles: You'll need to purchase a lace closure and two bundles of human hair extensions to create your frontal ponytail.
With these items in your kit, you'll be well on your way to creating the perfect frontal ponytail of your dreams. Let the experimentation and creativity begin!
Step-by-Step Ways to Achieve the Frontal Ponytail Look
Once you have all the supplies, it's time to get started. Here are the steps you should follow to achieve a flawless frontal ponytail look.
Step 1: Wash Your Hair
- First of all, it's key to give your hair the proper cleansing.
- Start by using a shampoo and conditioner made for your natural hair type, this will result in a clean and fresh base for styling and maintaining the clarity of your natural hair.
- Then use a wide-toothed, useful comb to smoothly untangle any knots or lingering debris left behind. Taking a few extra minutes to make sure each strand has been covered and brushed properly matters and will help you get long-lasting results and maximum cleanliness.
Step 2: Blow Dry And Straighten Your Hair
After you have washed your natural hair, it's time to break out the blow dryer to get those locks dry for styling. You'll want to concentrate particularly on the roots to ensure you get it straight without strands sticking out - particularly in the nape area.
Because of the more intricate underside of hair in this spot, awareness of the correct techniques to straighten this area is paramount. For best results, why not invest in a mini flat iron to have more precise control in achieving a straight look? This will take less time, and the results will speak for themselves.
Step 3: Place your Hair in a Ponytail
Once all the preparations for styling are complete, it is time to move on to the actual hairstyle.
- Take your hair and gather it up on the crown of your head, using an elastic band to secure it in place.
- Then, double-check that all the strands have been tucked away– any left out may lead to difficulty later on.
With the base of the ponytail secured, you are now ready to move on to the next step.
Step 4: Brush Your Hair
Now that your hair is in the desired style, it's time to finish up the look with a good combing. Starting from the root and working toward the ends of the locks allows for any remaining tangles or knots to be removed without tugging too much on the strands.
Make sure not to skip this step, as it lends itself well to ensuring all stray hairs are put into place, and all areas are equally styled. Once you have brushed through the hair, it is time to finish up with a blow drying. This will help your hair settle into place and remain untangled throughout the day.
Step 5: Secure the Lace Frontal
For step five in creating the perfect look, you'll need to secure your lace frontal. This helps to create a more polished appearance while protecting your hair against the elements and environmental factors.
- Start by properly placing it where it needs to be before clipping it in position and applying gel to make the frontal sit flat.
- Then, a spritz of hairspray should ensure the lace frontal stays exactly where it needs to be.
- Switch up your styling game and finish off your look by using a knife comb before running a blow dryer over it.
- To take it a step further and ensure ultimate adherence, you may want to use an adhesive or glue for a lasting style.
Step 6: Cut Off the Excess Lace
After clipping on the lace frontal, trimming off excess lace is essential. When cutting near your ear, be very mindful not to miss any pieces. To ensure precision, head to the pre-treated sections and pay extra attention. If everything is in alignment, the finished look will appear even and undetectable.
Step 7: Lay a Gorillaz Knot
- Start by laying a Gorillaz knot on the hair. This helps start the styling process for a beautiful, natural-looking ponytail.
- Then, brush up the hair in the general direction of the ponytail. Remember to take it one section at a time so as not to cause too much tension that would compromise the frontal's appearance.
- Styling the hair in the direction of the ponytail also helps keep the frontal in place and blend it perfectly.
- After all the hair has been brushed into place, use the frontal to make a ponytail and secure it with a braid. This ensures the hair is out of your way the whole time you're styling it.
Step 8: Clean up Your hairline
It's time to give your hairline the attention it deserves.
- Check to ensure it's sitting naturally and fits your face shape perfectly. Next, get your hair to stay put for the rest of the day by spraying a freeze blast over the hairline.
- For those extra baby hairs, use an alcohol-based product to clean them up. Use a mousse or gel that won't move from its place to give your whole style a stronghold.Re-visit those baby hairs to make sure each one is lying just right for the perfect finish.
- To achieve that last step of proficiency, use some powder foundation on the harder-to-match areas to ensure the hairline has an even finish that blends into your skin tone.
Step 9: Attach Hair Bundles
- Start by loosing the braid before restyling it into a ponytail. Ensure you braid it tightly, as this will enable you to effortlessly wrap your bundles around it with ease.
- To keep those wraps in place, double your tracks for a fuller hold and then thread the ends through the braid.
- Gently wrap your tracks around the braid, beginning from the root, and once you reach the end, make sure to pin it securely with baby pins.
Step 10: Style your Ponytail
It's time to style and give your ponytail the look you desire!
- Begin by adding a few strands of hair from the side of your face and secure them into place using some hairpins. This will give your hair a natural, wispy look and add a unique touch to any hairstyle.
- Then, use bobby pins to secure the ponytail nicely, creating a smooth look and helping to keep it in place for the entire day.
- Finally, don't forget the detail tasks: add some extra volume with a good texturizing mousse or spray for added vibrancy, and you're ready to wear it!
Step 11: Enhance Your Ponytail
For a more sophisticated feel, consider adding accessories to your ponytail. Use some colorful ribbons, feathers, or jewels for an instant statement look. A beautiful bow ribbon can give it the extra oomph needed for those glam events or fancy dinners. Accessories like these will allow you to stand out in any crowd with your unique and eye-catching hairstyle.
Video On How To Do A Frontal Ponytail
In A Nutshell
In conclusion, the frontal ponytail is a unique and versatile hairstyle that can add dimension and texture to any look. With just some simple preparation and the right tools, you can significantly reduce your styling time with this look. Our step-by-step guide has given you all the tips and tricks you need to know to create your beautiful frontal ponytail. Whether you're trying to switch up your daily look or want something livelier for a special occasion, mastering the art of the frontal ponytail could be just what you need!
So why not give it a try? With our guide in hand, nothing is stopping you from achieving salon-level styling without ever leaving home. Don't miss out on your chance to become a master of this trending hairstyle by following along with our Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering the Frontal Ponytail today!